The one with the fried PL


I was recycling some old hardware and I found the problematic PL plug that caused a lot of troubles and troubleshooting last year. I ended up replacing the whole feedpoint assembly and the coax jumper.

I don’t know exactly what went wrong here but I think it was a case of heavy impedance mismatch, water in the plug and about 900W on 80m and 160m.

This picture shows the backside of the victim.
I put a brand new one next to it for the contrast.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.